31 October 2007

R.I.P. Raymond Jefferson Legrasse

When I found Lurline she was hysterical. She led me to a spot far out in the bayou, where she had found RJ's remains. It wasn't pretty. It'll be a closed casket tomorrow. A little investigating and I discovered the camera, knocked over in the underbrush where he'd been trying to hide it. The footage I salvaged is disturbing to say the least, but I feel I need to share it here, however insensitive it may seem.


TreeBeast 103107 from Ubatuber on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Truly a tragic loss. I almost felt as though I had known him for years. He had deep roots in the bayou country. And he was sturdy as an oak. You'll be missed RJ.

How ironic, to be done in by a sentient vegetable, after the close escape from the pumpkin the other day!

gl. said...

oh, no! poor lurline! poor raymond! what a tragic, tragic end. thanks for posting the video; it helps bring a sense of closure and is intriguing, to boot! perhaps professor ichbonnsen will be interested in that footage. i wish lurline strength & courage during this time of mourning.